Ask yourself the following questions:
- Could you benefit from more rest or sleep?
- Do you find that your mind won’t shut off when it’s time to sleep?
- Do you dislike the drugged feeling that over-the-counter or prescribed sleep aids cause?
- Do you find it difficult to decompress after a long day at work?
Answering yes to any or all of the above questions could mean that you are stressed. Work and life in general has a way of doing that to us whether it’s warranted or not. Stress is a reality for all of us. Stress is a healthy response but in excess, it can be detrimental. When stress becomes chronic, it can lead to an anxiety disorder.
If you experience day to day stress or have anxiety, you may be looking for a natural solution for relief.
- When we experience stress, the adrenal glands pump faster.
- We experience a sympathetic response also known as fight-or-flight.
- When entering fight-or-flight mode, our nervous system sends protective hormones such as norepinephrine, cortisol, and adrenaline.
- These stress hormones aren’t always what we need, considering our fight-or-flight response was designed to save our life from mortal danger.
- CBD can help regulate the number of hormones we receive. This is especially useful when we need to be resting instead of stressing.
Think of CBD as the pop up or ad blocker on your computer, it’s sole job is to keep all the unwanted internet minutia out of your sight and off your computer. CBD works the same in our system regulating the number of stress hormones we receive, so that we may get a well deserved respite from our day to day grind. CBD can help us find a balance between the vital responses of rest-and-digest and fight-or-flight.
As I always say, if you have any concerns please consult a physician or your primary care provider, and check out the crew at Deep Six CBD who will get you set up with all your CBD needs. Until next time be well.