In some of my other blog posts, I like to stress the importance of finding a reputable shop with a knowledgeable staff to help you with your CBD needs. I’ve created a little question and answer cheat sheet below that should help. Below are questions that good shops, brick and mortar and online should be able to easily answer, in order to provide you with the best products available.
What’s The CBD Oil Source?
- CBD oil medicines are made from cannabis extract. The cannabis plant produces a sticky resin in its flowers that are full of cannabinoid compounds. In the resin is where cannabinoids such as CBD can be found.
- The best extract for CBD oil should be from resinous High-CBD cannabis flowers. If they are using industrial hemp it will not be of high quality.
- One issue with extract sourced from industrial hemp is the method of extraction used. Chemical solvents and heavy metals from factory equipment have been found in several CBD/Hemp oils on the market.
- Generally, the best methods of cannabis extraction are CO2 or ethanol. These techniques are not only considered to safest but also highest quality methods. That’s because secondary cannabinoids aren’t destroyed or left out as with harsher methods of extraction.
- A lot of people can’t handle the psychoactive effects of THC, the cannabinoid compounds that causes the “high” feelings. High dosages of THC can cause heavy sedation, light-headedness, or dizziness. It can even trigger anxiety, panic, and temporary paranoia in some.
- CBD, or cannabidiol, the second most prominent cannabinoid is a non-psychoactive compound. Just as THC, it’s an incredibly powerful anti-inflammatory and analgesic substance.
- The best THC: CBD ratio is the one that provides you the best relief with the least amount of unwanted side effects such as sedation or drowsiness look for CBD with 0.3% THC or lower.
In my blogs it is my goal to empower the reader as you embark on your journey to a better physical and mental well-being through CBD. Until next time, be well.